The 2nd Annual Los Angeles Philippine International Film Festival presented the Red Carpet World Premiere of Fil-Am Creations: A Filmmaker Movement 2 on Thursday, October 26, 2017 at the Cinemark Carson Cinemas in the South Bay Pavilion Mall.
In an effort to inspire, motivate and mobilize the Filipino American and Filipino filmmaking community, FilAm Creative began a film movement called “Fil-Am Creations” to challenge up-and-coming FilAm filmmakers to create new and original short films. On this second wave of films for the latter half of 2017, ten filmmakers premiered fourteen new films to the festival!
– Raw Addiction | On The Road Again — dir. Al Domino
– Fall Out | Move That Body | Who To Love — dir. Rommel Andaya
– Understanding Color — dir. Melanie Lim
– Lullaby — dir. Dale Fabrigar
– The Ones That Get Away — dir. Charles Gray
– Light Skinned — dir. Owen Alabado
– Lagim | The Atomic Kids — dir. Craig Obligacion-Wilson
– King Exile — dir. Lynn Harrod
– The Coconut Chick — Vince Cruz
– Shatter — dir. John Cruz & Mark Dormitorio
All Photos by Ren Arrieta and videos by FilAm Creative, Gabe Pagtama, South Bay Pavilion Marketing and AZE Media.
Compiled and written by:
~ Edwin Santos
November 11, 2017
FilAm Creative (FAC) is an all volunteer community organization dedicated to the advancement of Filipino-Americans in entertainment and media.
FOLLOW, LIKE & SUBSCRIBE TO OUR SOCIAL MEDIA!
Newsletter Subscription: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: facebook.com/filamcreative
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/filamcreative
FB Filmmaker Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/166470930219785/
FAC Networks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-PlvtbFkO6dwCf5oseCmg
LinkedIn: FilAm Creative Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4324469