FilAm Creative, an organization dedicated to advancing Filipino and Asian-Americans in entertainment, is proud to host the following panel:
FILMING IN THE PHILIPPINES panel and Networking Night
Sat. Feb. 23
Pilipino Workers Center
153 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026
$5 entry fee on-line advance sale | $10 at door
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Click on Eventbrite link here
Sponsored by RLJ Entertainment, U.S. distributor of “100 Yards”
and Lay Bare Waxing Salon
Why film in the Philippines?
– Incredible cost savings you CAN’T achieve in the U.S.
– Exotic lush jungles, beaches, waterfalls and cityscapes
– Ample skilled & trained crew, equipment and prod. houses
– Historic Asian and Spanish colonial architecture
– Rich, diverse untold stories
– Deep pool of beautiful diverse-looking on-screen talent
– Almost everyone speaks/understands English!
Our esteemed panelists will talk about how to shoot films in the Philippines drawing from their fascinating experiences as filmmakers who have shot in the U.S. and abroad:
– Marie Jamora (director of “Flip the Record,” “What Isn’t There”)
– Margie Templo Parks (line producer “Amigo,” “Big Time”)
– Dale Fabrigar (co-dir. of “100 Yards” partially shot in Cebu)
– Ross Campbell (co-dir. of “100 Yards” partially shot in Cebu)
– Moderator- Tim Cruz (music video director for 50 Cent, P Diddy. Commercial clients include GQ, Sony)
*There will be prizes and giveaways!
6pm doors open/networking
*THIS IS NOT A POTLUCK EVENT (eat before hand)
7pm Introduction and FilAm Creative announcements
Reps from RLJ Entertainment, domestic film/TV distributor, are scheduled to attend.
Special thanks to our sponsors!
Lay Bare Waxing Salon – http://www.lay-bare.com
HiFi Kitchen – HiFi-Kitchen.com
The Pilipino Workers Center – pwcsc.org
RLJ Entertainment – RLJentertainment.com
“100 Yards” will be releasing nationwide on March 5.
Sean Patrick Flanery (“Dexter”), Steven Brewis (“Tabloid”), Danielle Rayne (“Switched at Birth”) and Rebecca Lim (“The Pupil”).
In 100 YARDS, Rich Porter (Steven Brewis) had it all: talent, good looks and a bright future playing quarterback for an American football team…then tragedy struck. His mother goes missing while volunteering in a remote area of the Philippines, and Rich’s attempts to find her are in vain. Giving in to despair, he receives more bad news when he is diagnosed with cancer. Then, at the hospital, a young boy with the same condition and a compassionate nurse do their best to bring hope back to the ailing Rich. They show him that the game of his life is a struggle for every yard, but – with the help of faith and friends – it can be won.
View the trailer here: https://www.facebook.com/100YardsMovie/videos/1869595096622217/
Interested in sponsoring this event toward a targeted demographic of FilAms, Asians and entertainment industry professionals with cash donations or prize giveaways? Contact Walter Boholst at email@example.com or Vince at Vincent Eclevea <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
FilAm Creative (FAC) strives to be the premiere Filipino American creative organization that promotes a more culturally integrated and diverse entertainment industry.
FOLLOW, LIKE & SUBSCRIBE TO OUR SOCIAL MEDIA!
Newsletter Subscription: email@example.com
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/filamcreative
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/filamcreative
FAC Networks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-PlvtbFkO6dwCf5oseCmg
LinkedIn: FilAm Creative Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4324469