Announcement by Edwin A. Santos
Thursday, April 26, 2018
This Friday, April 27 at 9:00pm is Opening Night of the Artemis Women In Action Film Festival with AT YOUR OWN RISK produced and starring Helenna Santos.
Two career driven women are hired to test out a unique treasure hunt deep in the New Mexico desert. Their exciting adventure takes a drastic turn as friendship is tested and survival is pushed to the limit, and before long they realize that not everything is as it seems.
The film will be screening at the Laemmle Monica Film Center in Santa Monica, California: https://www.laemmle.com/films/43725. Get your tickets now and use the promo code ‘AFF201825’ for 25% off your ticket.
Celebrating Asian American film, music and food comes CAAM 36 descending in San Francisco and Oakland, California from Thursday, May 10 to Thursday, May 24.
- ULAM: MAIN DISH (documentary) directed by Alexandra Cuerdo – May 11 at 7:45pm: https://caamfest.com/2018/films/ulam-main-dish/
- ASWANG NEXT DOOR (short) directed by Bernard Badion and starring Eugene Cordero – May 11 at 10:00pm: https://caamfest.com/2018/films/ulam-main-dish/
- UNLOVABLE (feature) directed by Suzi Younessi and starring Charlene deGuzman – May 11 at 9:40pm: https://caamfest.com/2018/films/unlovable/
- SAVING SALLY (feature) directed by Avid Liongoren – May 12 at 9:30pm: https://caamfest.com/2018/films/saving-sally/
- BITTER MELON (feature) directed by H.P. Mendoza and starring Patrick Epino – May 12 at 6:50pm, May 19 at 7:30pm and May 23 at 6:30pm: https://caamfest.com/2018/films/bitter-melon/
- FLIP THE RECORD (short) directed by Marie Jamora – May 13 at 6:40pm: https://caamfest.com/2018/films/flip-the-record/
- SHE, WHO CAN SEE (music video) directed by Alleluia Panis – May 16 at 7:00pm: https://caamfest.com/2018/films/she-who-can-see/
- LUMPIA directed by Patricio Ginelsa Jr. plus the premiere of the LUMPIA 2 trailer – May 19 at 9:50pm: https://caamfest.com/2018/films/lumpia/
- NOTHING ON US: PINAYS RISING BEHIND THE SCENES (documentary) directed by Ruby Ibarra and Evelyn Obamos – May 20 at 3:40pm: https://caamfest.com/2018/events/anatomy-of-a-music-video-w-ruby-ibarra/
Co-founded by Geena Davis in 2015, Bentonville Film Festival is a one of a kind annual event that champions inclusion in all forms of media. This year, the film festival runs from Tuesday, May 1 to Sunday, May 6. A FilAm Creations short made it to this year’s lineup!
- LULLABY (short) directed by Dale Fabrigar and starring Noreen Lanie: http://bentonvillefilmfestival.com/artists/lullaby/
- UNLOVABLE (feature) directed by Suzi Younessi and starring Charlene deGuzman – May 2 at 6:45pm and May 3 at 6:15pm: http://bentonvillefilmfestival.com/artists/unlovable/
JUDGEMENT, a film by Filipino director Raymund Ribay Gutierrez, is one of the eight short films officially competing at the prestigious 71st Festival de Cannes for the 2018 Short Film Palme d’Or on May 19.
This is Gutierrez’s second time to compete at the Cannes Film Festival. His first film, Imago premiered in 2016. He is a protégé of Cannes-winning director, Brillante Ma Mendoza.
Created solely for Film Creative’s FilAm Creations Filmmakers Movement, Owen Alabado’s LIGHT SKINNED premiered in its entirety on YouTube on April 25, 2018. The short was nominated for “Best Screenplay” and “Best Actress” (Tessa Sugay) with FilAm Creative.
The short stars Tessa Sugay, Kevin Clough, Melissa Christine, Cassandra Pimentel, Albert Digal, Audrey Vasallo, Kathleen Neubauer, and Owen Alabado.
And, of course, these two major motion pictures…
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR starring Dave Bautista as Guardians Of The Galaxy‘s ‘Drax’ and Ethan Dizon (Spider-man: Homecoming) and (SPOILER ALERT: where Thanos retreats to) opens also this Friday, April 27.
and BAD SAMARITAN produced and directed by Dean Devlin comes out next Friday, May 4.